Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Maisy

If I had a List of Adorable, where I kept track of all things sweet, cute, and precious, a little girlie named Maisy would be pretty near the top of that list.

And...just so you won't be surprised and make it awkward for everybody...
I will tell you now.

Maisy is a pig.

And there she is on our front porch.


JC's animal-lover of a sister, Melissa, added a sweet little potbellied pig to their home. And she was nice enough to bring her to visit!
The boys weren't sure what to think at first, but they warmed up.

James gets to know her...

Ben gives her a pat.

I just had to share. She is so darling. I have told JC for a while that we needed a pig. Mostly because I think they are adorable and I figured it would do a great job of cleaning up after mealtimes. Sounds like a good deal to me...one more adorable thing around here BUT one that actually does some cleaning! Good deal, good deal. If we didn't have a zillion hardwood stairs I might really try to make it happen. Well, that is, if I felt I could be successful at keeping one more thing alive around here!
For now, we are just glad Aunt Melissa is willing to share. :)

3 comments:

katilda said...

I just....I....words cannot express my feelings about this pig on your porch. It made me miss Wilbur SO MUCH. I swear they are the best pet. I will get another one before I ever get a dog. In fact I want two - named Sherlock and Watson. TELL ME NEXT TIME THAT PIG IS COMING OVER!

Word: nottlei. When a hawaiian wears the wrong attire to a luau.

Kenton Hawkes said...

I understand your idea that perhaps a pig would help "clean" things up around the house...but...those messes don't just disappear. Wouldn't the pig then leave other "messes" here and there. So really the pig is only helping you organize the messes into neat little piles, right?

Melissa Ballard said...

Ahhhh Maizey! She is such a spoiled piglet, we love her. Katie may just have to come over here to see her though, only then can you appreciate how cute she is. When we take her out somewhere she just wants to smell and get into everything. At home she run around the pool table in figure 8's and plays with her toys and her personality really comes out. (Oh, and shes house brooke so no organized little messes... in the house anyway.)