Sunday, October 10, 2010

Big Boy Bed for Ben

Who's up for more change around the Ballard Household?

Though you won't usually find me front row, hand raised, jumping up and down, "me! me!" when it comes to that question...I will be the first to admit that change is a good thing. I certainly can't deny it...though sometimes I manage to forget and try to fend it off.
But I can sometimes be a slow learner.

Like right now, as I tucked the boys in for rest time and came upstairs here to do some work on something...ended up on the blog...thinking that they would rest quietly with their movie until it was time to go get Bethany from school.
Yep.
Nope.
Why do I forget every day that they would rather run around terrorizing each other?
Oh well, I just sit here and ignore the squealing and screams and hope that when I go downstairs in a while to 'end rest time' everyone is unscathed and wearing pants.
Yeah. They're in that phase.

ANYWAY.

As you all know, Ben turned three a while ago. And, with that milestone, we could tell he was ready for a new bed. That crib had done its duty. And, quiet honestly, seen better days! It was as much a matter of safety as it was a matter of age that prompted the change!
So, we slowly started gathering the pieces needed...box spring, mattress, frame, etc.
Then one day, we had it!

Here, the kids celebrate by jumping on the old crib mattress.
And terrorizing Mom and the camera with...that face.

Ben messed around with his old baby mobile for a while. Aw...why must they grow?
Okay, sorry, like I said, I am not a rock when it comes to these changes yet!

After Daddy got it all put together and ready, he introduced Ben to his new resting place.

And he promptly climbed up and started taking advantage of the comfiness!
Comfiness is indeed a word.
Doesn't that face just say, "comfiness?"
(Will someone please tell my spell check that?

Ben has done GREAT in his new bed. I think it makes him feel very grown up. He has, however, had a hard time giving up his baby blanket. He refuses to sleep with any other blanket. Which is unfortunate because both Grandma Teri and Grandma Trudie have made him bigger blankets for his use. Nope. He sticks with the little one that barely covers his feet when pulled up to his armpits. And he will not have any talk of simply holding that one while covering with another one.
Looks like we're in for a winter of feet pajamas.
Sorry Mom. (She hates those...used to cut the feet off mine when I was little because she just knew it must be highly uncomfortable. Hahaha)

Ben is getting to be such a big boy I can hardly stand it! But it is so fun to watch these kids grow and develop in their relationships to each other and this world in general.
I love being a mom.
Even being a mom with all Big Kid Beds and no more cribs.
There is so much to love in every phase of motherhood.
And...as always...so much to cringe at. But that's a whole other set of posts!

No comments: