Monday, December 14, 2009

Trying my hand...

I have been trying to do what I can in the way of homemade snack foods lately. Some things are a bit beyond my reach at this point in time but all things grain-based are pretty do-able!
(I say this with confidence now...a couple weeks ago, I was a little nervous about the attempt. Just goes to show - - anyone can do it!)

Our new favorite homemade snacks are most definitely PRETZELS!

The kids and I are still working on getting the shape quite right, but the taste is spectacular!

James likes to play delivery boy.
(He has taken to liking things like this - he loves to open doors for people...takes us forever to get out of church on Sunday because he wants to be sure the entire building has cleared out before he lets go of that door! And he finds joy in sharing toys and food...some of the time...)


Ben crunches on some straight-from-the-oven salty yums out in the chilly winter air.
I loved this afternoon.

2 comments:

katilda said...

I wanted to comment on ALL these new blogs but I settled on the pretzel one. Because pretzels sound DELICIOUS right now. Also...you are a good mom. Way to let your kids help. From my "scholarly perspective"....you've got it pretty figured out. And now i'm gonna go find a pretzel.

Today's word: Unalizes. Clearly, to analyze your life whilst wearing a unitard. "Every night, Mandy unalizes in her yoga room."

Carrie said...

um, i want the recipe to these. they have got to be SO yummy!