Saturday, December 19, 2009

JC and Mandy, Part 2: Now

I wanted to find some kind of fun questionnaire to fill out about our relationship now and all I could find in my searching was this...
I'm not entirely sure that I didn't do this before, on this same blog in fact, and I'm not entirely sure it's not lame.
But I am entirely sure that we have croup in our house. And that Ben has not really taken a full breath in a good 24 hours. And that there were paramedics at our house last night. And that I hardly slept at all. And that there is the possibility of tonight being much the same. (Well, without the paramedics...)
So, here is a fun little questionnaire just to fulfill my anniversary promise of a 'then' and 'now.'

Welcome to "Now." :)


How long have you been married? 4 years and 3 days.

How long did you date? We did not. That's right, not at all. We went on a few dates back during/right after high school, all in good fun. The only point at which things turned romantic at all, we just went ahead and got engaged right away. Eh, why waste time with formalities?

How old are you? I am 27 (WHAT???) and he is 28. (Which, by the way, I find the fact that he is approaching 30 highly attractive. I don't know exactly why, but something about a man advancing in age is rather charming to me.)

Who eats more? Interesting. I think that we eat different things. And I think that I eat more often...but he eats more in one sitting, if that makes sense. Which, I think it does.

Who said I love you first? I think I said it first a long time ago during the more friendship-y days of our relationship, and as a way to emphasize that I really cared for him. We never stopped saying it but I think that he was the first to say it in a way that hinted at something more than what it had previously meant when passed between us.
Who is taller? Um...him. By a good six or seven inches. Also something I find highly attractive.

Who sings better? Can I take this one, honey?

Who is smarter? You can take this one, honey. Haha, he would probably say me but that is just because I have always been more of a reader so he thinks I sound smart. But I think that, in most cases, I let my emotions govern my approach to all things, even intellectual things. And he is more level-headed and truly intellectual in the ways that really count.

Who has a worse temper? I can't figure out how to answer this because I wouldn't describe either of us as having a temper. The only thing that comes to mind is that I get defensive a lot more easily than he does. I suppose that defensiveness can lend itself to a display of temper, so I would say...me. Unfortunately.

Who does the laundry and dishes? It is my job and I keep up on it decently, considering my other jobs...But he definitely steps in and often. Which is great, considering his other jobs!

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you're standing, facing the bed, I do.

Who pays the bills? He does.

Who mows the lawn? ...Filipe. But someday when our family life allows, we all will!

Who cooks dinner? I do most of the time. But he likes to cook and is really good at it. I'm more of a recipe follower and he is great at being innovative. On weekends or during grilling season, he steps in a lot. Sometimes I think we're funny because when one of us is feeling especially overwhelmed or stressed, we know that is the person who gets to cook dinner instead of vice versa. On Father's Day, I know one of the best things I can give him is an hour in the kitchen to cook dinner uninterrupted. And same for me on Mother's Day or my birthday. I don't know if this is the norm or what.

Who drives when you are together? He does. Unless he is super sick or just had surgery or something. And even then it feels weird.

Who is more stubborn? That would probably be me.

Who is the first to admit they're wrong? That would probably be him.

Whose parents do you see more? I'd say it's pretty even.

Who proposed? He did.

Who is more sensitive? Me, nearly to a fault. But JC is sensitive in all the right ways.

Who has more friends? We are even - - we each have one friend...each other. Haha okay, not true...but times like these when we have to be so wrapped up in life around here, it sure feels that way! Guess it's a good thing we're in this together!

Who has more siblings? I do - 4 to his 2.

Who wears the pants in the family? I told JC I didn't know how to cleverly answer this question. He said, and I quote,
"I wear the pants. You WILL put that. And according to the application (referring to the last post), you just wear the lingerie."
So, there you go.


That was fun to do and our marriage is fun to be in.
Now, even though I have things to post about and I swore I would be caught up by Christmas, I am going to go nurse my headache with something sweet combined with something on our DVR (both of which will most definitely actually work against getting rid of my headache) until my drooping eyelids completely betray me.

I love you, JC.
"We're best best friends." (This is what the kids say to each other and it's quite true of us as well.)

No comments: