Thursday, December 25, 2008

I am . . . James




I am . . . James. Just James. (Whenever I ask him "Are you my sweet boy?" or "Are you so handsome?" or "Are you a big boy?" he always says, "No, I'm James.")

I think . . . if I deny having a messy diaper long enough it will just go away.

I know . . . that mommies need random hugs and an "I wuf you, Mommy" every once in a while.

I want . . . a snack. I want a snack. I want a snack. I want a snack. I want a snack.

I have . . . gorgeous blue eyes and the most adorable dimple you've ever seen.

I wish . . . I got to go to preschool with Bethany.

I hate . . . not being able to do something I've got my mind set on. I like to be able to make things work how I want them to work and fix them if they're broken. If I can't conquer something I get extremely agitated.

I miss . . . cheese and yogurt. (I don't do so well with dairy and hardly ever eat it anymore.)

I fear . . . heights...sometimes. If I got myself there, I'm fine. If I'm put up high against my will, it's not so good for me.

I feel . . . invincible. As long as "I be so careful, Mom" nothing can hurt me.

I love . . . playing with animals, both live or small and plastic. 

I hear . . . my sister screaming and run away, smirking. (Yep, we're there now.)

I smell . . . finally. After being congested for what seems most of my life, my nose is free and clear! (directly connected to the dairy reference, I do believe)

I search . . . for any of my animals that are missing at the end of the day. I keep some kind of insane record in my head of which small plastic animals I played with throughout that day...it changes every day.  But, I still manage to know which ones are important that day and need them to come to bed when I do.  I send Mom and Dad all over the house looking for them if I can't find them. I ignore the fact that I have a perfectly easy-to-find-sized stuffed cat that I sleep with, not to mention a very large stuffed tiger. These are good but not all I need. It's also worth noting that I really like to hide these small animals in really creative spots and forget where they are. Oh, and also that I have been known to scream and cry if they cannot be found, waking my siblings that my parents worked so hard to get to sleep.  Oh, one more thing...my parents love me anyway.  :)

I wonder . . . how far I can push my mom or sister before they give a really good reaction.

I regret . . . when I make my little (hard) animals play too roughly with Mommy's hair and face. I am always sincerely surprised when the lion's head ramming into her cheekbone causes her to be in pain. And I always rub it better right away with a "Sorry, Mom."

I care . . . about the little things. Where things go, how they're set up, what order we do things in, etc.

I always . . . say "We wake up, have chocolate milk, chicken nuggets, apple juice, apples, cherries, fruit, big fruit snacks, tiny little fruit snacks?" when I am going to bed at night. I appear to have chosen some favorite foods I have had and compiled a list, asking every night if we can have those things when we wake up. Mom always says "that sounds good." We never have all those things, or even most of them...some of those things I don't eat at all...but I show no sign of caring.

I am not . . . easily distracted.

I believe . . . that it is time to sleep when I say it is and time to wake up when I say it is. (Lately, quite often around one a.m.)

I dance . . . only when I feel like dancing, Bethany.

I sing . . . along with the intro songs to some of the shows I like (Barney, mostly) and it is really cute.

I don't always . . . care to get dressed.

I write . . . nothing yet. (If this prompt was "I color . . ." there would be many many answers...including, but not limited to "on the tv screen so much that daddy had to buy a screen protector for it")

I win . . . everyone over pretty quickly. Especially nursery leaders and strangers in the store.

I lose . . . the chubbiness I had as a baby more and more as I grow.

I never . . . get bit by a mosquito without blowing up like a balloon.

I listen . . . to the rain and giggle.

I can usually be found . . . engaged in some sort of role playing game with my animals or dinosaurs.

I read . . . not yet, but definitely enjoy books.  I always need one in bed with me in case I can't sleep.

I am happy about . . . having so many people to love and be loved by!  I especially enjoy having so much family nearby so I can see grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins often because I sure love them all.  Having relationships with others is something that is already noticeably important to me and I have been very blessed to have lots of love in my world.






1 comment:

Alice said...

James, you are adorable! I can see you doing and saying all these cute little things! :) Little Mason was looking at these pictures with me and he kept pointing to James and then pointing to himself and saying "Me, me". They do resemble each other. Cute little boys. Wish I could see him more often.