Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Playing Catch

JC can't go to the store...for anything...without coming home with something for the kids.
One day, it was small baseball gloves. You know, the kind with velcro on the inside and the soft ball that sticks to said velcro? It inspired quite the excitement.
Especially in Ben. Taking after both his mom and dad in sport preferences, he leans toward baseball already. Anything bats, bases, and curve balls he enjoys.
Playing catch with daddy was no exception.


Getting a feel for the ball


Celebrating a catch!

Getting a throwing stance down...
(adorable)

Bethany shows off her alternative to baseball stuff.
A new Belle doll.
(though she did request that next time she get baseball stuff too.) :)

James did less playing with and more admiring his.

A proud daddy after a good catch.

An excited boy after another good catch.

My oh my, I can't wait until we can go 'play ball' together as a family. What fun it shall be!

3 comments:

Pam Price said...

I have to tell you...all of your kids are so cute! And Bethany is exceptionally BEAUTIFUL. Just like her mommy! She's gonna be hard to keep away from the boys :)

katilda said...

I’ve been meaning to comment on these posts for days!! I ADORE the pictures of ben practicing his throwing stance. Please frame that for me. I want him to wear a little baseball uniform next time, okay? I love that Bethany is on the fence about dolls vs. sports. It’s a good reflection of the fam. And James should probably just model for some children’s ad company…little angelic smile with the blue eyes. Winner.

Word: Cappi. The kind of pasta you will soon make. For me. To eat.

Carrie said...

softball is the closest i come to liking sports! we played catch with the two older kids at the cabin and it actually worked! well, branson couldn't catch much, but he has an arm. yay for playing together!