Wednesday, June 16, 2010

James' Turn

The other day when we were outside, James asked if he could take a picture of me. I turned the camera over to him. Apparently, he made a connection with photography because ever since, that is all he wants to do. I let him have a few sessions with my camera...but considering it was recently dropped on tile and now has a seemingly permanent black spot on the display screen (hopefully not on the actual pictures? haven't looked too far into it yet), he will probably have to put this particular hobby on hold until he can ask Santa for a kiddie camera like Bethany's.
I don't pay a whole lot of attention to sentence structure, do I?
My Honors English teacher (and younger sisters) would shudder.
But, back to the topic at hand...
James' artistic eye.
Here are some of his pieces from that first day behind the lens.

I like to call this collection Summertime Scenes.

The World As I Walk It

Slip N Slide

Backyard Scene

Sister

Swings at the Ready

Scout's Summertime Hideaway

Up-a-da-Sky

Dull Side Yard.

Play Sand Storage

Play Sand Storage Close-up

Stay tuned for future photographic endeavors from Mr. James.

3 comments:

Adam and Emily said...

I think he has a real future!! Cute kiddo!

Hawkes said...

He really is good at that. He has a great eye for it. He took some really cool shots.

Carrie said...

some of those ARE really artistic! abbie got into this at his age and she got a camera for christmas. we got a smokin' deal for the quality of it. she has a memory card so she can take tons of pics and it has a screen (a must for they little ones who want instant results). i think she has a couple hundred pics on it. i need to get them uploaded onto the computer so we can see them up close. so fun!