Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yikes.

What do you get when you cross an unreliable blogger, a computer monitor slowly and determinedly calling it quits, sketchy internet connection, a headache that won't quit, unorganized picture folders and, finally, a couple of sick kids?

A blogging hiatus.

And I have been hating it.

BUT, the skies appear to be clearing (not literally...in fact, we got light showers today which was amazing and so very welcome) and I should be getting some blog time in soon. Every time I get behind, I always swear it will never happen again.  Just like every time my whole house is clean(ish) I swear I will never let it get messy again.

That actually made me have a little chuckle with myself just now.

Oh, the twisted world of an idealist.  

Anyway, enough of this.  I am off to bed. Too many late nights with broken fits of sleep and too many long long days holding a getting-too-heavy-for-this Ben equal a 'I'm so tired I don't care that my mind is racing, my house is so sad and my sister's graduation is tonight' me. 
Okay, that last part was a lie. I really do care about that and I'm really sad that I'm not there.  Someday I will be in control of my own world again...right? (This is when all the experienced moms laugh in my face)

The whole point is, I caught a few minutes yesterday to start myself off on the 'catching up' blogging and revamped the page. I am quite excited and strangely proud of something so small and insignificant.  Nevertheless, I am back and I shall begin to rebuild the last month or so for posterity and all that shall have a look...

But for now, a cheery(ish) goodnight!


P.S. Just now, when I tried to publish this, my internet connection gave out and refused.  I am going to try again. If you're reading this, it worked. If you are not, I have given up completely and I shall never be back. 
(I dare any of you to call me melodramatic.)

2 comments:

Hawkes said...

Your revampled blog is amazling!! SO cute!!

Peterson Family said...

Love the new look!! :)

Give yourself a pat on the back, no one says you have to have a clean house! :) In fact I believe strongly against it. haha! I saw the funniest quote the other day and it made me laugh...

"I child-proofed my home, but they STILL get in!" :)

I would post it in my home, but then I am afraid people would take it a little TOO seriously! :) Sometimes you just have to laugh, you know?!