Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Why I love my wife; Reason number 1,411

It could also be titled, "Why I am so lucky to have a wife like Mandy". Either way, I am extremely blessed to have her in my life.

I have recently been diagnosed with a very common and life threatening condition known as a hernia. Okay, maybe not life threatening, but still, it sucks. This happened to come about 2 weeks before I was supposed to go on a deer hunt that was to last 5 days. I have been waiting to get drawn for 3 years. Finally, it happened. And just my luck, 2 weeks before, I started getting stomach pains and to make a long story short, a hernia. No strenuous activity, no heavy lifting, and apparently, no deer hunt. I was pretty bummed to say the least. Mandy, being the wonderful and loving person that she is, wanted to do something for me to cheer me up. So on the day I was supposed to leave for said hunt, I come home to find the biggest surprise of my life. A forest in my front room. And in the middle of what at the time seemed like tons of pine trees, a nice sized 5x5 whitetail deer. I am not ashamed to admit it, I cried. Here is the picture. Of the forest, not me crying.

Not the best pic. It was taken from my phone, but it will do.


In addition to this very thoughtful display, she also bought me some things that I would normally take with me on my hunt. She had me pick up KFC on the way home. I always get a bucket of chicken when I go hunting. It makes for a good meal or two when up there, even breakfast. She bought me some vienna sausages, beef jerky, trail mix, sports drinks, and even two new movies that were just for me. King Kong and the Italian Job. "Guy movies." I even mentioned that the last few hunting trips I have been on, we have had cobbler. So she got the supplies for cobbler. Cherry cobbler to be exact. Mmmm, my favorite. All of this thoughtfulness definitely made my weekend much easier to handle. Even though I wished I could have been up in the 10 degree weather, it was nice to be home with my family and enjoy Halloween with them.

Thank you Mandy. I love you. And 1,411 is the number of days we have been married as of October 29th.

5 comments:

The Ballard Family said...

What, just because you cried you have to make ME cry???
You deserved something, even if it couldn't be the real thing. And, thanks to everyone who helped me out, it turned out awesome. :)
You are the best and I love you.
And I can't believe you blogged! Surprise of MY life...
Love,
Mandy
P.S. Those Vienna Sausages are all yours...weird guy food...

katilda said...

You have now made me teary eyed at work. Which is normal, given the whole wish-granting thing.
JC is a good writer...he should pick up "man blogging" more often. He can compare and contrast his favorite "guy movies." Your readers may start small, but the revolution will grow!

You also made me want beef jerky. Mmmmmmmmmm


Today's word" inogi. The slang way of saying you are sitting in a Hogi Yogi. "Where you at?" "Inogi." (that was a stretch...)

- said...

You guys are both so cute!!! What a neat thing- and a neat reaction.

Pam Price said...

That is AWESOME! Aww...Mandy, you are so creative, AND THOUGHTFUL! I love this...hooray for a forest in your living room!!

Carrie said...

you made ME cry! you are so sweet and i think you have a really super awesome wife. i hope you recover quickly this week!