Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Thing Is . . .

This week we've been sick. Well, most notably, I have been sick. Not because me being sick is more sad than any of the kids being sick (which, most were, at one point or another this week). But because when I am sick, our days really go haywire and things are different than usual.
This all equals a LOT of sitting around. A lot of humidifiers. A lot of kleenex. (I finally caved and bought the Puff's Plus kind my mom always buys. So indulgent!) And, if I'm being honest, a lot of going about business as usual during the day even though it feels torturous and then crashing at the end of the day.
Which brings me to my next revelation about this week.
It happened.
We finally caught the "Lost" bug.
I'm always a few years behind on things like this.
We borrowed the first season from my parents (which, ironically, we gave my dad for fathers' day) and it has taken over my kleenex-laden, crashed-out evenings.
Even this one.
Sorry.
But really, do you want to see pictures of my house littered with...well...everything, my kids making restless faces at me while I attempt to play with them half-energetically, or anything else that went on this week? :)
Oh, but perhaps you do want to see pictures of Halloween stuff. Which, yes, I will post soon.
After missing the last week of preschool, Bethany even made it back for Friday's costume parade!
So, more to come soon.
But maybe not until after we finish the first season . . .
and I'm feeling better.
But probably more the first one.

In the meantime, here are some old baby pictures of my getting-older babies! Browsing these always makes me giggle. They were just the cutest babies!!! (Okay, maybe the one of James makes me burst out laughing as opposed to giggling, but either way, they bring me joy!)



4 comments:

Adam and Emily said...

Well it's been nice knowing you!! You won't be able to stop at just the first season! You are gonna have to keep watching till you are caught up! And the next season starts in January!! Which is going to be the last season so I hear. So you got 2 1/2 months to watch 5 seasons!

katilda said...

I watched 4 seasons in 2 1/2 months. You can do it...but maybe shouldn't. Who wants to watch the 6th season in real-time anyway? Just wait for it to be on DVD. I like the fat picture of james. That's all.

Today's word: didis. Umm probably what we need to name some pair of shoes.

Pam Price said...

Oh...we were late on that train too...but we got on about 4 months ago, and watched episode after episode for days on end on Netflix! I LOVE THAT SHOW! You will catch up before the 6th season, trust me :) Very addicting show. AND your babies are adorable :)

Carrie said...

yay for lost! i have to admit, i do love my tv shows and being too busy to watch them and not being able to record them is very sad to me. you are a lot like my mom...it takes you being very sick to sit still long enough to watch tv. :) i hope you have perked up since this post!! (look, i'm reading some of your blog! your email tonight intrigued me too much to ignore.) :)