Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sometimes it's all just too much.

One afternoon a few weeks ago, we had just gotten home from running errands with the kids. James was struggling with some aspect of life in general, as three-year-olds often do.
He started into a shrill version of a tantrum and ran upstairs to throw himself down dramatically, which I allowed him to go ahead and do.
The rest of us were hanging out in the front room, JC and I chatting until our middle child was ready to communicate and/or be comforted. After a while, James stopped his screaming and crying, so I knew soon he would be making his way down the stairs to us. But then...he didn't. So I figured he probably just completely got over it all and went off to play (which is quite normal) but we started upstairs to check on him...
and this is what we saw:
He fell asleep.

This definitely goes on my list of favorite James moments.
Something about him curled up on the hard, cold, wood floor in the middle of a screaming fit is so endearing.
Cracks me up.

3 comments:

Lindsey and Brett said...

That's so funny and cute. I love that little kids can fall asleep at the most random times in the most random places and positions.

Also, I'm always amazed at your commitment to blog. I just went through and read the other ones, but I'll just comment on those here. I love those giant bean bags and yes, I want to jump on them too. And the little helicopter paper things is such a great idea. I hope Brett has some of those up his sleeves for our little guy, 'cause I don't think I would think of that. :)

Oh and Brett's not a huge Harry Potter fan like me, but over the years I've convinced him to read some of the books and even attend a midnight showing of one of the movies with me. :)

WHITE said...

That is hilarious! I am glad you captured such a cute moment on your camera!

Carrie said...

LOL. that is SO funny! cute kid...