Saturday, July 11, 2009

Perfect for a Sunday Afternoon

Sometimes, by the time Sunday rolls around, I'm plum out of amusing ideas and the energy to put them into play.
This is where JC comes in.

He sat with the kids during rest time . . .

Comfy on our new bean bags
Way comfy.

Then, once they had all had enough, they let it be known with their restlessness.
JC set off into the other room, saying he was going to find something fun for them to do. So, they settled in with a puzzle. This is something that is quite rare, but very exciting for me - - them all playing together without much squabbling or yelling for me. :)
It's so cute.


Turns out, he made those little torn-paper-helicopter things. I never would have thought of that. Goes to show, you really need a boy around the house. I only ever think of things like play-doh or glitter paint.
Here, the kids are practicing dropping them down to me over the staircase.

Then, practicing catching skills. This turned out to be the more fun of the two duties.

We soon moved into the front room, kicked the couch out of its usual spot and used the area as a landing ground for our helicopters. JC went up to the music room to be the launcher.
The pictures on my wall are crooked.
Just so you know that I know.

Ben transports one in his mouth.

And James helps drop one to an eager Bethany.

We have a lot of eagerness around here.

JC makes a scary face down at me.


So, in my defense, Ben sends one up his way.



And that was our afternoon.
It was a fun one.
I feel like this is a very choppy and rushed post. But, to be honest, I have started and failed to finish this post like, five times. And I'm kind of done with it. Hahaha...









No comments: