Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Good Afternoon for a Sleepover . . .

The following is what happens when Kristyn, Ali and I get together for a morning visit...which spills over into lunchtime...which spills over into the afternoon and rest time...because, darn it, we just don't get to see each other very much!

Our kids get to experience their first (co-ed?) afternoon sleepover!

Left to Right:
James snuggles his cat on the yellow chair, Teagan chills on the floor giving the younger kids the comfier seats (such a gentleman!), Bethany and Maylee curl up sharing a giant bean bag chair like the best friends they are, Ben is completely out on the red couch and Livia struggles to get comfy on her very own giant bean bag chair.
(Kristyn's offspring was in the kitchen hanging out with us, as he is still calling her cute little belly his home! Not to mention number 4 for Ali!!)

It was such a fun day, to just hang out with the girls and let our kids run amok. (Is there even a correct spelling for a ridiculous word like that?)
Also, Maylee and Bethany sharing a resting spot reminds me of the first time Ali and I had a sleepover. She was on my little pull-out trundle bed thing and I was in my bed when she began telling me about a movie she used to watch when she was little called "Watcher in the Woods." (I still haven't seen it) She got all creeped out, recalling it for me and suddenly the blanket crumpled up in my corner started looking an awful lot like some horrible psychotic watcher in the woods kind of guy crouching down and waiting to attack us...and the next thing I know, Ali has leapt up into my bed next to me, where we huddled together until we fell asleep.

I think that was the turning point in our relationship.

Maybe next time we should put in a scary movie so our kids can really bond.

Naw, we'll wait until Little Boy Boyd and Littlest Lunt are around so we can get the whole crowd in on the fun.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Why did you have to share that story? It really DID look like somebody was in your room...I swear! Anyways, good times. Thanks for having us over, it was a fun day! :)

Carrie said...

i love my old friends. i love how when we get together its like we've been hanging out every week forever. it looks like the kids dealt pretty well with a long day together. so fun.