Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hear ye, hear ye!

Be it known to all
family,
friends,
hometeachers,
visiting teachers,
elders quorum presidencies who worry when we don't come to church due to sick kids,
door to door salesmen (will you please stop coming during rest time or when I'm trying to cook dinner?),
and
MOST OF ALL
my own poisonous thoughts that try to convince me that my value lies in the presentability of my home...

WE ARE UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!

Boxes, closets and under-the-bed spaces, etc. that have not or hardly been touched in the last three years are being touched, weeded through, and organized.

Projects (I use this term loosely) that have needed attention for months, even years, are being thought about and slowly but surely attacked.

Yes, I'm talking about everything from cleaning out our storage closet to scrubbing the toilets. It's unfortunate, but the time for pretending is past.

There's a good chance that, if you enter my house in the next few months it will be worse...yes, you heard me, worse...than you have ever seen it.

But, it is the dark before the light. What is strewn hither and thither will soon have permanent ownership of a spot in the house. What is sticky and spotty will soon sparkle.

Just not today. Or tomorrow.

But fall always has been my favorite time of year.
Let's shoot for that.

In the meantime, come oh ye people come. Just come at your own risk and know that, even if I don't apologize profusely for the mess the whole time you are here, I am dying inside thinking about it. :) And when you're gone, I'm working on it.

Let the summer games begin!




2 comments:

Lindsey and Brett said...

Wow! Very ambitious of you. I'm sure once the fall rolls around all will be neat and organized. :)

WHITE said...

I love your mess, and I don't mind sitting in it! :)