Saturday, April 10, 2010

It's not you, it's me.

Dear Springtime,
It was great while it lasted.

But, today, I'm kind of over you.

It was hot. Too hot. You made us all grouchy and restless. You attempted to spoil our family pictures with your retina-searing rays. You drove us indoors and with that, shot fear into our hearts of the months to come.

Already. They come.

You were one of the reasons one of the younger of our bunch melted down (nearly literally) over and over and OVER again.
(You and too much birthday cake earlier in the week...takes a while to work out of the system...)

You were the reason that, even though we needed to make a shopping trip this afternoon, we just couldn't bring ourselves to. Too hot. Too grumpy. Too headache-y.

You are the reason I am now sitting in front of 'Legends of the Fall' on TV (love), biding time until JC finishes up a little project in the office so we can watch the third season of '30 Rock' together to unwind...and eat a brownie...
(Your blame for this may be a bit removed...but...nonetheless...)

You know, you always do this. You always promise to be here until mid-June. But, here we are again, mid-April, breaking ties again.
Why does it surprise me every time?
I should have come to expect this of you...and me...and our on-again off-again love affair.

We had a great run.

Warmest (ha!) Regards,
Mandy

P.S. Same time, same place next year, eh? ; )

2 comments:

Carrie said...

seriously. but tomorrow's supposed to be nice... if that's any consolation.
you need to put your family pictures in a blog post so i can click on them and see them big! so far they're SO cute and you look really good!! i'd love to see them close up... :)
sidenote: i updated our chore chart and am hanging it up tomorrow... thought of you. i wish life were simpler sometimes...

Peterson Family said...

If it weren't for my itchy eyes, runny nose, constant headache, and allergy fog... I would totally agree with you!! :)

I LOVE the Spring, but it almost kills me every year! :) hehe With that being said however, I am SOOOOOO not ready for summer. This last winter was FANTASTIC!!

I like the family pictures! They turned out GREAT!