Thursday, January 28, 2010

Celebrating with Aunt Katie!

I have a super fun sister Katie...which means the kids have a Super Fun Aunt Katie!
This year, Katie has launched a new project called 365 in 2010.
It is the kind of things genius minds come up with. During the year 2010, Katie is celebrating a holiday per day. You know all those random holidays you see on your calendar, get emails about, and general wonder if anyone actually celebrates them? Katie is celebrating them.

A few weeks ago, we got the privilege of being in on the festivities! It was National Balloon Ascension Day on January 9th and Katie arrived at the Ballard Homestead with plans to share balloons and watch a lovely little film called "Up!" Have you seen it? You should.

The Distributing of the Balloons
Katie is excited about Ben and the movie. Ben is mostly excited about hanging out with Katie and gazing at his balloon floating overhead.
A little playtime...


The kids held their balloons through the whole movie. They were so thrilled at the novelty of it all! Truth be told, Katie and I were too.
The next day, JC snuck this shot of me planning my lesson for Sunday School.
Although it appears I was doing so for my own amusement, I promise I was holding those balloons under order from the kids so they wouldn't float "up-a-da-sky" and be lost.

Whatever my reason, it is abundantly clear that we all enjoyed and benefited from taking the opportunity to celebrate!
To learn more about Balloon Ascension Day and many other less-observed holidays, visit Katie here! It is the most fun.
We are looking forward to celebrating with Katie again!

No comments: