Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Little Yogini

The day we were getting our trees delivered was a Friday. On Friday mornings, after eating breakfast, getting dressed and ready, watching Sesame Street and coloring while Mommy cleans, we do yoga.  I would love if we did it outdoors (among our trees, of course. haha...) and I could lead them through some perfectly adapted poses to stretch and invigorate their little bodies...but...eh, we use a DVD. :)
These Yoga Kids DVDs that Gaiam put out are really cute. For the last year or so, they would kind of tolerate them or sort of mimic parts of it while running in and out of the room, playing, climbing on me, etc. Which was just fine...completely what I expected. But, lately, to my surprise and delight, Bethany has taken quite the interest!  Whenever we have the DVD on, she forgets everything else going on and really focuses in, following along and even making efforts to refine her form! Haha...I love it, it cracks me up to see her get so into it. She tells me about her favorite poses and remembers which poses follow which in the series.  
This last Friday, I had the camera out for the greeting of the trees (see post below) and snuck a few pictures of her while she went through her practice. James wasn't into it that day and really wanted me to hold him, so that was a pretty good excuse for sitting down and secretly snapping pictures!  (She is still in her camera shy phase and would have had a fit if she knew I was taking these! Bad mom award for being sneaky...) 

Tree Pose (she always tells me she is being a Candy Cane Tree)
Awakening her inner nurturer in Stork Pose.
Bringing it all home in Mountain Pose.
Meditating...
And winding down...

Ben checks her form...

How could I resist capturing this?

4 comments:

katielizabethawkes said...

Best.blog.ever.

SO excited about your trees. I am jealous of your gardening. I feel quite bonded to my house plant though...

Today's Word: Suart. How a farmer calls a pig named Stuart. Suuuuart!

WHITE said...

So cute, I need to start doing some yoga...once the baby gets here we need to find a class, or do a tape after the kids are snoozin!

Devon said...

you need to take her to Belly dancing classes!

Carrie said...

so cute. are you supposed to do the poses with them? or is it just for them? and, i think ben was checking to see if she was alive. :)