Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Bunch does the Zoo!

Well, we ventured out this last week, taking advantage of the glorious weather that is February/March in Arizona and visited the Phoenix Zoo! We have been every year since Bethany was born (going on three - - birthday this week - - wow!) and this year the kids actually enjoyed it a whole lot.
Ben just kicked it in his stroller most of the time, though he was especially excited about spending time outside taking in scenery. The only negative for him was having to sit out the carousel ride!
Bethany was curious as can be, asking which animal we would see next and making it very clear that we were to, for sure, see the giraffes. Of course, upon finally getting to the giraffes, she had little or no interest in them. She was very thrilled, though, to be able to ride the Panda Bear on the carousel and reminds me about that several times a day sicne then!
James just kind of took the whole experience in...since his bedtime song right now consists of about thirty two verses of "Old MacDonald," he definitely recognized - - and attempted to converse with - - many of the animals in the farm section of the zoo. Which, by the way, is adorable and probably the best part of the whole thing.
So, to sum up, it was a great day. Any time we attempt to go in public for longer than an hour I tend to get very nervous, but, in large part due to my mom coming along with us (thanks, Grandma Trudie!) and also to the fact that the kids are getting a little older, it went famously! I think I may venture back again with them before we hit the year mark this time! Though, by the time a couple months pass, we could very well be attempting potty training for one or more of these little ones...oh my...to think about how that would even work boggles my already fragile mind! Ha!
So, I posted a slide show instead of making this skinny little blog column four miles long with individual pictures. It should be right above here...I need to learn more about how to do all this better! Or share less pictures. :) But they're all just so darn cute! Some of the most fun pictures, for us, are the pictures with everyone's faces in the hole in the tree. Family tradition! We do that every year. So, now we have three of Bethany, two of James and one of Ben! So fun. Maybe I'll post all those old ones too, just for fun. I feel like I use this more as a photo album than anything! I told my sister, Katie, that she is responsible for being the one in the family to do interesting and relevant blogs since I only ever post pictures of my kids! And she does an outstanding job. We all have our roles, yes? Well, enjoy the pics and keep your fingers crossed for me that all future visits to the zoo go as well!

3 comments:

katielizabethawkes said...

yes yes, i am attempting to fulfill my role...i have an article running tomorrow that i think you will definitely enjoy, so i will try to get that up on my blog tomorrow sometime. i love the tree-hole pictures...bethany is getting ridiculously adolescent-looking. Weird!
And...i love your blonde hair!

Laura! said...

Yay! those pics are awesome. I especially love the ones of Bethany and James.... in close proximity.... not fighting... but there was probably plenty of that undocumented, yes? Oh, and Ben rocks that denim hat.

Contact Information said...

Such cute pictures. We go to the zoo here a few time a year and you would swear my kids have never seen an animal before. But at least it keeps them entertained:)