Monday, January 31, 2011

A Family First!

Since when do I have a house full of real people?
I mean, I always knew my children were not figments of my imagination (otherwise they may have been more obedient and probably not near as cute...some things can't be dreamed up...), I still sometimes think of them as babies. I can't help it. It takes so long to get used to taking care of several other human beings, then suddenly your head stops spinning and that's exactly what they are - - real, live, grown up human beings.
Maybe not completely grown up but...you know what I mean.

Case in point...check this out:

This is more than just an excited girl.
Oh, she's excited all right, but what about?

Lack-of-tooth.

Well, in her mouth anyway.
The actual tooth is right here.


How awesome is that??

Here's the story...
It was Aunt Monica's wedding day (YES! My sister is now a married woman. More on that later.) and after school Miss Bethany walked home with the Allens AKA Rockwell's family. She looked forward to this for weeks. She had discovered a loose tooth a few days before and we had just assumed it would take a while for it to get loose enough to actually fall out. But the morning of the wedding, she woke up with it super duper loose. (Wow, spell check lets me keep 'duper.' I hope it's not a word that means something that I don't know about...) I was sure she would lose it that day at school or at the Allens after school.
But, we pick her up from the Allens. Still has a tooth. And an overwhelming desire to go back to the Allens someday. But that's beside the point.
I brought her with me to our neighbors', the Greers AKA Michaels' house to pick up the boys. They had spent the last couple of hours with Sister Greer and they were ELATED about that. We are so lucky to have so many good friends we can count on to give our kids fun, safe places to be when we are away!
Anyway, while we were at the Greers', Bethany started playing and I visited with Candace AKA Sister Greer AKA Michael's Grandma and suddenly Bethany comes running and squealing and what do ya know...a lost tooth. :)
It was epic to be sure.
SO, we will always remember that the first tooth to be lost for one of our little ones was at the Greers' house.
Special.

It was also extra fun that it was Monica's wedding day. Bethany thought that was a pretty cool occasion to share her tooth loss with.
You know what they say, you're not losing a tooth, you're gaining an uncle.
...wait...
Well, anyway, something like that.

1 comment:

JJLanier said...

How exciting! Bethany is so beautiful!