Monday, November 8, 2010

School Spirit

The week of Halloween, Bethany's school did some sort of school spirit week...mixing all sorts of Halloween, say no to drugs, festive activities and themes...I don't begin to claim to have any understanding of this thing called elementary school yet. It seems there is always so much going on! I feel like there should be a manual for parents...
Anyway, we had red day, blue day, yellow day, white day and, the day that has always been my favorite whenever it comes around...


Crazy Hair Day

Bethany begged me for colored hair spray.
I was a mean mom and didn't want to deal with going to the store, buying some, getting it in her hair and then out of her hair for the ward party that night...so we did tons of little crazy ponytails all over. It was still quite fun.
Except I spent all my time in the morning doing that and didn't get her lunch packed and had to take it up to the school later. It felt a little bit like a walk of shame.
"Hi, I don't have myself together enough to manage getting my child's lunch packed on time, can I drop it off for her now?"
But oh well. :)
Her hair was cute.

I shall plan ahead for next year and perhaps I can move onto the nice mom list and have crazy hair color on hand.
(Maybe by then I can make the 'have your stuff together' mom list too? One can hope.)

1 comment:

katilda said...

Umm I think we both used to wear our hair like that...or some version of that…on any normal, given day of the week. Okay maybe that was just me. BUT YOU WORE WHTIE PARACHUTE PANTS!!! ….sorry, defensive.

Word: fermomo. When James has something for you, his mama. “It’s fermomo.”