Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful.

Thanksgiving was goood.
And not just because the culmination of efforts led to deliciousness in all forms.
But because there was family. And fun. And festiveness.
And...guess what? I misplaced my camera. So I am forced to proceed with my Post Thanksgiving Post with no pictures whatsoever. But that's okay. Because, for whatever reason, I am feeling rather in the irritable zone today (which, really, is unacceptable after a day meant to be focused on gratitude).
Of course, it is likely that it has something to do with too much yummies yesterday...the sugar still pumping through my body is probably taking its toll...BUT, I plan to combat whatever it may be with some list-making.
List-making always makes me happy.
Especially a gratitude list.
Because, as I recently heard someone say "Gratitude unexpressed is plain old fashioned ingratitude."

So, in no particular order...and without any pictures to illustrate...here are some things I find myself thankful for at this point in time....

This Earth...lovely and full of purpose
The Plan of Salvation...perfect and simple
The scriptures...our ancestors' faith, hope, charity, and diligence (and mistakes) for our benefit
Our Savior, Jesus Christ...love that passes all understanding and our way, truth, and life
The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ...light when there would otherwise be darkness.
The priesthood on the earth again...a firm foundation.
My parents...so good in so many ways. The more I experience, the more I love and appreciate the way they raised me, the way they lived before I came along and the way they live now.
Teachers I had throughout my life...the more I experience, the more I realize what a pain their job could be and that there must have been some level of love there to motivate. :) (This could also be said for the parents I was just talking about haha)
My siblings...they will always be my best friends.
Friends at all points in my life...every one did and does so much to shape me and my life into something good
My body...such an amazing creation that has so much potential.
The examples of others that have inspired me.
Opportunities for learning, both formal and informal.
Temples on the earth...giving chance for progression and a place where we can be close to our heavenly home.
The knowledge that families can be together forever.
Marriage to my best friend.
Children that bring so much joy.
Repentance. (usually inspired by my children...haha)
A home that keeps us warm and safe and gives our kids lots of room to run around.
Tender mercies...all day, every day.
Gifts of the spirit...so that I can see those tender mercies for what they are.
Joy in health and blessings when in sickness.
Food to eat.
Food I shouldn't eat. :)
A computer to blog on, learn on, and window shop for shoes on occasionally.
A cell phone to text on since otherwise I would probably never talk to anybody!
Relief Society.
16-yr-olds in our Sunday School class...How I love them and pray for their happiness...How teaching them has changed my life!
Safety.
Agency.
Grace.
Hope.
Love.
Faith...I love studying and pondering on faith.
Repentance...did I already say repentance? :) I need it a lot.
Nighttime. To rest.

Speaking of which...I think I will move right along with that right now. :)
Time for a shower and some down time. There is more to come soon about our November.
December is almost here and with it the most exciting time of the year!
It will be lovely.

3 comments:

Kenton Hawkes said...

Very nice. You are a good girl. Stay happy. (Not a parental command, just a wish for you.)

katilda said...

You got a dad comment! haha. Anyway, this was lovely. I feel like making a list of my own.

Word: spopag. I keep coming back to something involving a catheter. Moving on...

Lindsey and Brett said...

That is a great list! I didn't know that you were teaching the 16-year-olds. That's gotta be fun and scary. We taught some 16/17 year-olds in Utah. They were surprisingly good kids though. I hope yours are well behaved. :)