Sunday, August 23, 2009

Blahg.

This week was full of non-events.
But the eventful kind of non-events.

There's not really a non-eventful non-event in a house full of preschoolers and toddlers, is there?

But anyway, then this weekend got a little hectic, a little unpredictable, a little tiring, and a little accidentally-fall-asleep-on-the-couch-at-nine-fifteen-on-what-was-supposed-to-be-date-night...yeah...um...a little like that.

And it all ended in a big blur of sick sad James today.

SO...the point is, instead of blogging tonight, I'm going to go have a re-do of date night with JC and try to stay awake through at least part of a movie or something. :)
We could use a little downtime together.

So, I'll be back soon!

And that's all she wrote.

6 comments:

WHITE said...

I hope date night went a little better! Let me know how the boys are!!!

Hawkes said...

Don't forget that Shelby can babysit! I could come to help her too!

Peterson Family said...

Date night? What is that? Oh, yeah... it's been a while here too. :)

Sorry to hear that James is sick
:( That stinks. Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon! I LOVED the pictures of him below... what a handsome little guy!

Matt said...

Hey Ballards! I was just catching up on some of your posts that I've missed... I have to say that reading the "Barricades" post made me feel so happy inside. It made me want to be part of your amazing little family. You guys seem to get so much joy out of life and it really inspires me. I get so bogged down sometimes by day to day responibilities, and I hope that I can always remember to stop and enjoy those little moments the way you guys do. You are awesome!

Jamie Taylor said...

What? You mean you didn't do a full update? What were you thinking, attending to your family first?

I tease. :) Way to be. We're starting to have the sickies at our house... no fun I tell ya.

Lindsey and Brett said...

I'm glad that someone else has a hard time staying awake during movies. On the bright side I rarely need sleep aids as long as there is a movie available.

I have been very uncommunicative lately. There is no good reason for this. But I read your blogs! (I especially like to read them when I feel like I am too busy, you always put things in perspective).

-Brett