Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fun at Amazing Jake's!

You know what's fun about having a grandma that works really hard and just needs to let loose every once in a while?
She voluntarily holds her birthday party at Amazing Jake's where she can watch her grandchildren play and get her groove on as well. :)

So, a few weeks ago was JC's mom's (aka Grandma Teri's) birthday.  We had her over for some yummy mexican chicken soup, salad and tortillas to celebrate.  We also joined her the following Tuesday at Amazing Jake's...where we had never been before. I always assumed it was for older kids. But I was pleasantly surprised! Here are (of course) some pictures of us enjoying the festivities...

I promise Bethany is enjoying this. She just doesn't like to get her picture taken.
Here's a face of anticipation as she does another sort of ride/game with Carrigan...Brittney watching close by!
The boys figured out how to 'bop' the alligators with some help from Grandma Teri and yours truly. I feel like I could play this game with them over and over again. It was fun to see them catch on. And fun to hit things as they came at me menacingly.

You know, sometimes I think that with all the negative emotion you learn to hold in when you're a parent (frustration, agression, fear, etc.) things that allow you to let that out are heaven sent. Like this game.
And maybe tae bo.
Or maybe someone could attempt to attack me as I'm walking down the street by myself (never do) in the dark (really never do) and it would be necessary to unleash all pent up energy in a violent manner. I think I would feel better after that.
This just went a weird direction.
Moving forward...

This was a stomping version of the first game...you step on the lights as they light up...
Ben got things going...
James tried to determine a strategy...
and they decided to tag team it. (Grandma helping as well!)
Later, we tried skate boarding...
and dance dance revolution-ing...
which was hard. 
Even with tag-teaming.
So they forfeited their game to some pros.
and took advantage of what were clearly intended to be monkey bars.

Just goes to show that any place can be made to fit for a good time for all ages!
We had a lot of fun (and some good food following) and are so glad we got to share in the celebrating with Grandma!

1 comment:

katielizabethawkes said...

Okay, so that part where you're talking about taking frustration out by hitting the alligators...

Totally made me think of First Wives Club when Annie is at the therapist. "Hit me Annie! Do it!"
..And then she goes crazy with the nerf bat. Good times.

Today's word: Irking. Well, that's a real word. No fun...the lameness is IRKING me.