Sunday, February 10, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!

My sister, Katie, is 21 today, Feb. 11th! We are so excited to sing a little song and do a little dance for her today! Since she's away at college, we all miss her but wanted to send our love and celebrate her on her special day...


Things to love about KT...



She has one of the most open minds you'll ever find. Always accepting of others and understanding of differences.




She is so stinkin' smart! Just a whole lot of sheer intelligence...




She can quote Orange County and Heavyweights with me for hours on end. (sheer intelligence, I tell ya!)




EVERYTHING looks good on her! Hair colors, clothing, sassy shoes, pj's, you name it!




Being in college, she is super super busy, but has always taken time out to serve others.




Her high standards and the ease with which she seems to uphold them...




She is one of the best people in the world to have a conversation with, whether intensely serious or ridiculously pointless!




She is an amazing writer. It seems like just a few months ago, she went to work as a receptionist for the school newspaper, wrote a few articles for them and suddenly she's a copy editor! I don't know exactly how these things work, but that's pretty cool if you ask me.




She can quite often be found coming at someone, back pockets first, singing "My Hips Don't Lie."



The way she goes to college like Steve on "Blue's Clues" (that one's from Bethany)



One of the absolute best sisters/aunts in the world!
We love you! Have a great day!


























2 comments:

katielizabethawkes said...

pretty much the happiest website of my life :) thaaaank you!

Laura! said...

Man, I typed up this big long comment, but I forgot to type in the word verification thing down there, so it didnt show up! I did that first this time. Why do they even have that?! To prove that you can read, that you're human? Haha, but to paraphrase what I said before, happy birthday Katie! And, Mandy, I finally got around to putting your blog on my favorites list. So, there you sit, with the blogs of my favorite authors, bands, and my school grades. Man, is everything online now? Haha. I guess that was pretty bad "paraphrasing", since it was longer then the orignal post. I'm going to feel really dumb now, if the first one actually shows up... I'll stop now, haha! Love ya!