Monday, June 20, 2011

What June Brings . . .

I have a spattering of summer-y photos (not to be confused with 'summary photos'...though a spattering of photos does end up being kind of like a summary...).
They loaded onto blogger in strange orders and I am too lazy/distracted tonight to fix it!
So, behold...a spattering.

June brings happy kids in sunny backyards.

Eating plums.

Eating plums they picked from here.

Mmmm.

June brings the slip 'n' slide.


Random non-water-play picture.
Still good.

Back to water play.









June brings pool playtime!

Random dead cucumber plants picture.
Not happy about this.

June brings baking time.
Even though the oven heats up the house.
I still have the urge.
Homemade wheat thins. New favorite.

Back to water play.

But not for long. Because...
June brings popsicles.
This week was blueberries and cream.
New flavor every week!

Approved.
Though he doesn't like the white part.

June brings Fathers' Day! More on this later, but since the picture is here...
I made a cake. It was good. Thanks to Jenn for the recipe. :)

Back to popsicles.
Triple approved.

And...wow, that's the end.
Things end pretty suddenly when there is no flow due to random picture loading.
So anyway...

As you can see, June brings good things.
I just noticed most of it had to do with food...or water...ah, food and water.
Back to the basics of life.


So, Father's Day was great! The kids and I attempted to surprise JC with a game he had been wanting. It is of the Monopoly persuasion. Whitetailopoly. Hunting plus monopoly. Whee. Anyway, I went looking for it earlier this week and could not find it! We had seen it a thousand times at Sportsman's Warehouse and yet somehow it was gone. The guy tried to pretend it had never been there but...it was, guy. It was. My dad saved the day, though, when he found it at Bass Pro for me. Yesss. The story gets good when JC got a gift card from his mom to Sportsman's Warehouse and tells me he wants to go that night to buy that particular game. It would have been awkward had I needed to dissuade him from taking the trip to buy it...if there were any chance he would find it. I knew it wasn't there, so I let him go look for it and be all bummed when they didn't have it. It was awesome. The story gets even better when Scout decides to poke around in my closet, acting maniacal, causing JC to go in there ("come get your punishment" style), and find the unwrapped game. The night before Fathers' Day.
Of course, the kids don't know that. They had much fun surprising him the next day. He had much fun being surprised. :)
Someday when they read this, they will know.
We are bad at surprises around here.
I know that story isn't near as cool if you're not one of us that were involved. But I figured it was pretty funny to us, so I'd better write it down.
I don't think I'm quite "on" tonight.

But that's okay.

It's June.
June brings laziness of the mind, yes?

2 comments:

Hawkes said...

HOMEMADE WHEAT THINS!? Are you joking me?? I MUST have this recipe that sounds awesome. Also....where did you get your popsicle stuff? I bought a set to make mine and they broke pretty quick (shelby broke them ha ha)

Kristyn said...

I also need the recipe for the homemade wheat thins. The store bought ones are expensive over here but Liam loves them. I bet it calls for whole wheat flour though and you can't find that over here either! Oh the joys of living overseas. They looked amazing though and so did the cake and the popsicles! YUM!