Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer Shenanigans, Part 2: Mascarade!

At some point, I got it in my head that one of the coolest skills ever would be face painting. Maybe because I live in a perpetual carnival.
Or maybe because I think every skill is the coolest skill ever.
But that is neither here or there. (Is the phrase 'neither here nor there'? Because that doesn't seem right...yet the way I said it sounds weird.)

So, anyway, one day, I realized that the kids would probably love to be guinea pigs in that activity. If they were interested in holding still for such an activity. You never know.

It was worth a try!
Far from professional, my works of 'art' on the kids' faces were just as pleasing to them as any!
They are sweet to me like that.

My very first attempt.
Bethany wanted an angel.
Appropriate, yes?
(...On some days, and mostly before nine a.m....)

The b0ys both wanted Spiderman but neither could sit still for anything past the eyes!
Ben, because he was so ticklish! It was so funny. Every (rough and jagged, as you can see) brush stroke I made sent him into giggles! So cute.

James wasn't ticklish but just could hardly stand it all...
so...
eyes. BIG eyes.

A few days later, Bethany wanted a butterfly.
That one was fun to do.
And she looks so pretty!

Then, in what was a proud moment for her daddy (not to mention Daddy Mason), she asked to be painted like Chetara of Thundercats fame.
JC has been watching Thundercats on DVD with the kids occasionally for the last few months. They are all chips off the ol' blocks and LOVE it.
Clearly.

Bethany found this little design in the sample book that came with the paint kit I bought.
It is called 'Disco Diva.'
I don't even know.
But, cute, yes?
And I mostly mean her smile.

Here's her favorite so far.
The ocean.


It has been fun to find something that Bethany and I can look forward to together. (If you notice, the boys dropped out after Spiderman eyes. Haha, guess it's more of a chick thing at this point!)
It has been something new to do with our inside time and hopefully something we will keep doing for fun!
We have to, actually, since Bethany is determined to get the boys through the full Spiderman face in time for Halloween!

2 comments:

katilda said...

Bethany has such pretty dark eyes! And ocean is my favorite, too.

Today’s word: Mugloe. What happens when a non-wizard character in Harry Potter swallows a glow-worm.

Carrie said...

k, that is WAY cooler than the "face painting" that they have at the ward halloween carnivals. i LOVE the ocean one!! you should go into business...somewhere... or something.