Thursday, October 22, 2009

Things I Never Thought I'd Say

"Okay, Jesus, do you want to get dressed in your cat clothes or your Buzz clothes today?"

I said it.
And then I heard it.
And I laughed.

The kids have taken to pretending to be cats much of the time. If I want the best responses, the most attentiveness, I address them by their cat names. This morning Bethany told me she was Sarah the Cat. James told me he was Jesus the Cat.
I already knew it was going to be a laid-back day. (Short version - at the E.R. until late last night with JC who, it turns out, has a hernia and will most likely require surgery...for now he's just taking it easy until consult with surgeon on Monday.)
Since James has been asking to wear his Buzz costume lately, I decided today would be the day to indulge that desire.

It just so happens that today he is not James the Cat the Buzz.
He is Jesus the Cat the Buzz.

I bet no one else on this earth has ever been that before.

2 comments:

Lindsey and Brett said...

Ha ha ha! That's so funny. I had to reread that first sentence a couple times to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong. Kids are funny.

Carrie said...

that. is. hilarious. i totally have to do that with my kids too. only, usually i just have to say "ok, doggie. time for bed!"