Monday, May 19, 2008

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURA DEAR!


It was my sister, Laura's birthday last week!!! She has turned the big 1-5...woohoo!!! She is the baby in our family and it is so strange to think how close she is getting to yound adulthood. Goodness.

Anyway, in celebration, I thought I would ask the kids to recall their favorite things about Laura:



Me: Bethany, what do you love about Laura?

Bethany: I like the Old MacDonald song.

Me: Oh, me too. What do you love about Laura?

Bethany: Mmmm...the swimming movie wasn't working; we couldn't hear the music.

Me: (no idea what she's talking about) Really? Well, that's no fun. Hey, do you know Aunt Laura? What do you love about her?

Bethany: Laura?

Me: Yes.

Bethany: Her dad is Grandpa.

Me: Yes!

Bethany: Grandpa is your dad too.

Me: Yes.

Bethany: Yesterday, I went to Grandpa's house and Grandma...and we went swimming.

Me: That was on Saturday. Was that fun?

Bethany: Yes. James put his face in the water.

Me: I know. That was funny, huh? Did you see Laura?

Bethany: Laura?

Me: Yes.

Bethany: I LOVE LAURA!!!



I guess, coming from a three-year-old, that's all we need to know!



Me: James, do you love Laura?

James: Laura??? (excitedly looking around)

Me: Well, Laura's not here right now, I'm just talking about her. Do you love Laura?

James: LAURA??? (excitedly looking around)

Me: Do you want to see her soon?

James: SURE!!!

Me: Okay, we will see her soon. Do you love to see her?

James: SURE!!!

Me: Do you love her?

James: SURE!!!

Me: Okay, that's nice.

James: Okay, nice.

Me: Does she love you?

James: SURE!!!

Me: Yes, she does.

James: OKAY!!!



So, I think his enthusiasm speaks for itself! :)



Me: Ben, do you love Laura?


Ben:


And that about sums it up.

Though, I am going to take a turn too. I love Laura because she is my baby sister. I could leave it at that, but there is so much more to who she is, I feel I should expound. She impresses me all the time with her personality, her confidence and her talents. I can never quite decide to myself what I predict for her future because of all the different levels there are to her, as a person. She is a fantastic friend; very smart and creative, kind-hearted and fun. She has talents in music, academics, art and in dealing with people and children. (I just made it sound like I don't think children are people.) Anyway, personally, I think that she should be the next judge/photographer on America's Next Top Model (see ya, Nigel!) because she has always had an eye for fashion AND her photography could definitely take her somewhere. So, there it is, Laura, you get a birthday tribute, all the reasons we love you AND a career assigned to you. Haha, anyway, we hope you had a great birthday and if James has anything to do with it, we will be seeing you in the very near future!

2 comments:

Laura! said...

Haha I feel honored! I love that you talk about me having an eye for fashion when I'm sitting here in jeans and a t-shirt (that has a hole in the armpit, mind you). Summer is almost here so now when you guys viist I can actually hang out with the kids instead of doing homework! Yay!
Bathany is probably refering to the last time I babysat them at my house and we were watching the water animals DVD that had quiet music and no words so they thought it was boring! Haha
Well, I'm off to take some snapshots of a runway show! Ha! Jk, jk!

Adam and Emily said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Laura! You picked an awesome day to have a birthday!