Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A (late) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRIBUTE!

Well, I did well for a while, acknowledging birthdays! And, of course, I had to get behind on a very important one - - my mom's! Now, it's hard to find the words when it comes to moms so I decided to get the help of someone who is never at a loss for words - - Little Miss Bethany! I recently got one of those "getting to know you" emails from a friend and thought I would use that as inspiration for asking Bethany a few questions about her grandma so I could use them as a little tribute. So, following is a profile of a very special lady...through the eyes of a three-year-old.



All about Grandma Trudie:



Favorite TV show: Barney

Favorite breakfast food: eggs

Middle name: Hawkes

Least favorite food: strawberries

Favorite CD: "Here we go Luby-Ly"

Kind of car she drives: a red one

Favorite kind of sandwich: cheese sandwich

Something that makes her sad: when I hit (not me, mind you...still coming from Bethany)

Favorite clothing: blue and black kind

Favorite vacation: to see Mickey Mouse

Birthday: in two minutes

Morning or night person: morning

Pets: fish and birds

Favorite flower: ours

Likes to listen to: music

Favorite crayon color: orange

Talk on the phone most to: Grandpa

Favorite drink: cherry juice

Hair color: black

Favorite toy: a ball

Favorite season: summer

Favorite candy: chocolate candy

Afraid of: bird poop



Well, there you have it...my mom! I almost wish Bethany weren't so intelligent and I could have gotten a few more crazy answers out of her! Haha, but one thing I will say is that she loved just sitting down and talking about Grandma! Her eyes lit up with every answer she got to give. It just goes to show how special her grandma is to her. I am pretty sure we all feel the same way. :) I wish I could give a better tribute but, it's one of those things that there just aren't the right words. She has always, and continues to, do so much for me, the rest of our family, friends, neighbors, and everyone she comes in contact with. Her example has just about laid a map for me in how to live a successful and happy life. I don't know what else I can say! I'm sure anyone with the best mom in the world knows...you can never tell them quite what they mean to you because there just aren't words!

So, Mom, happy late birthday. And, take a moment to pat yourself on the back for being the only thing or person to ever leave me without words!

We love you!!!

5 comments:

katielizabethawkes said...

Go mom go!

if bethany were to answer such a survey about me, i would post it on my blog with pride.

Peterson Family said...

That is a sweet post!! What a good daughter you are! :) I love all the pictures of your sons birthday party too, I just have to say that Bethany's hair is SOOOO beautiful, it is amazing to me how nice it always looks (good job mommy), how DARK it is, and how grown up she looks with her stylish little cut, SOOO cute! :) Her answers were so sweet too...

Laura! said...

Haha I always had a suspision mom was afraid of bird poop lol!

Peterson Family said...

Hey Mandy!! My sis-in-law took our pictures when she was in town from Idaho. I bet she would totally line something up for you the next time she is here. Her photography blog is on my blog under Cheryl Bennett Photography.

We should email so that we can catch up on everything!! Here's my address...

alissa.peterson@gmail.com

PS I TOTALLY hear you on venturing out to more things once your kids are older and you get braver!! Notice that my hubby is WITH me, I am the same way! Though it is getting a little easier now that I KNOW they can stay by my side (which took a long time!). :)

Adam and Emily said...

Yeah!!Happy Birthday Trudy!!