Friday, February 20, 2009

A Tag to Ease the Pain!

In an attempt to lighten the mood of my blog after my last woeful post, I'm back.

JC has taken Bethany and James to his Mom's place for a family dinner. Pizza, cousins and running around.
Ben and I are here for...more of the same. A sore throat (mine), an ear infection (his) and Elmo (repeated episodes that we reluctantly share). He is allowing me to cradle him with one arm and casually extend the other to type freely on my handy laptop, as I like to call it. He goes between being fine with this kind of activity to being apalled at any part of myself being extended to anything other than him. I don't blame him, sad little earache man.
I will not expound on a week about as miserable as I remember ever having but instead do a fun 'tag' (one of a few I've neglected in recent months...makes me worry that I'm starting to take my blogging too seriously)...

This one comes to me from my sister-in-law Alice. Thanks! This is one of the cutest ones I've seen!


7 THINGS . . .

7 things I can do:
1. Just about anything one-handed. You name it, I bet I could accomplish it with one hand. I'm probably just asking to be proven wrong but I am pretty confident given I make it my business to be able to perform any task holding at least one child.
2. Dance like carlton on fresh prince. It's possible that only Ali and Kristyn have seen this. and they've seen it a LOT. I am sure there are plenty of other people out there who can do this but I like to think that the talent comes in being willing to do it in front of other people.
3. Speed read. I doubt it is the same as REAL speed reading but I read from top to bottom and skip the left to right part. My sisters get it.
4. Organize. Once, JC let me hire a professional organizer to come help me with our office. As we visited and I walked her through what systems I already had going, she kept complimenting me and asking if she could take notes. I got some good pointers from her but being complimented by a professional organizer was like christmas and my birthday rolled into one. (Now if I could just find the time to put my apparent skills into play!)
5. Pop my hips whenever I want. I don't mean stick them out to one side with an attitude. I mean like making the bones in my hips make unnatural sounds. JC hates this and calls me a freak every time I do it.
6. Bellydance. JC does not hate this.
7. Remember things, people, places, moments, conversations, events from a long time ago in detail. I think how busy my brain was at the time determines what I remember though because I don't know if I could recall much from last week or even last year...yet scenes from highschool and the years after are crystal clear. JC hates this just a little because I make him feel like he has a terrible memory.

7 things I can't do:
1. Quiet my mind completely...I'm working on it so that I may live to be 30. or even 27.
2. Finish anything but last in car racing video games (i.e. mario kart) I am just naturally horrible at these for some irreparable reason.
3. Memorize songs on the piano. I can play just about anything you put in front of me (just about, that is) but I cannot find the part of my brain that memorizes such things.
4. Do math in my head. This is so not a part of whatever type of brain I have I can't even bring myself to expound.
5. Drive on, or be a passenger on, mountain roads without nearly losing it. The kind where there is one lane going each way, one being against a cliff going upwards and one running along a cliff dropping downwards. My limbs literally begin to go numb if I even think about it.  I am trying to talk myself out of this fear so I can let JC take me camping sometime in the not-too-distant future.
6. Move from downward facing dog into cobra without resting my torso on the ground partway through. Those people are crazy strong. I am having cake and ice cream in a celebratory manner on the day I am able to do this. Then perhaps I'll move on to mastering Bhujapidasana.
Ha!
7. Swallow. Though...that is just right now. Well, and when I was on the operating table during my c-section with Ben. I still don't know if it was mental or actually happening but the sensation of not being able to swallow when you try to for pure muscle non-compliance is extremely unsettling. I knew it couldn't hold any long term meaning but I still made JC tell the doctor like three times.
Right now it's more of a pain thing.

7 things I say often:
1.  That is not okay. (when the kids disobey and/or injure each other)
2. Late night tonight? (In reference to JC's workday...his office has gotten CRAZY busy lately. Not something I can really complain about; We just miss him!) 
3. Hi Mom, how's it going?
4. Let's talk about feelings! (What I sometimes say when JC asks what I want to do that night or sometimes when I just want to see him pretend to fall asleep uncontrollably.)
5. Sorry about (insert here any of the following: the house, dinner, "this" - said with a sweep of my hand over my general appearance). To which JC always replies with something along the lines of "you're fired" "how dare you neglect the dishes to keep my children alive" or "I ought to punch you square in the face" - - the last one being a quote from King of Queens but used nearly honestly when I apologize for bad hair, no makeup, etc. because he hates when I apologize for my appearance or think that he judges me on it.
6. Seriously? (I'm not good at telling when people are being sarcastic)
7. See you in the morning! We'll have a happy day. Love you. Goodnight.

7 things I love about JC:
1. See #5 on the last list. He truly appreciates what I do and even when it puts him out a clean house, a hot meal or a hot wife he sucks it up because he gets that if I could make it happen I would. He trusts my efforts and is patient with me.
2. He is a really great dad.
3. He has pride in who he is yet is very humble and willing to learn.
4. He is a magician! I have to admit that he's let me in on a few of his secrets but it STILL blows my mind when he 'does magic.' I think it is a rare and exciting talent.
5. His facial hair. I know that sounds like a shallow thing to list but I really do love it. :)
6. His sense of humor. He has a quiet, dry sense of humor and I love it. 
7. His honesty. I know it doesn't always come naturally to him to put himself out there with straightforwardness (oh my gosh, is that really one word??) but he has shown a willingness to put honesty before comfort and before pride. I admire him for that. 

7 favorite foods:
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies 
2. Celery and Peanut Butter
3. Cream Cheese...on just about anything
4. Homemade bread
5. Chinese Food of all kinds
6. Avocado...on just about anything
7. Purple plums. Not the red ones that are black on the outside. Purple ones. Sweeter. Mmm.
(This, by the way, is a horrible list to make when you are unable to eat anything more than soup.)

7 people I tag:
1. JC (ha-ha...now you have to blog...)
2. Lindsay J.
3. Lindsey C.
4. Lindsey W.
5. Katie R.
6. Katie H.
7. Katie W.

Haha...I thought I would be funny and tag all the people who read my blog with the same name...so you guys are formally tagged. And the rest of you should all do it too because it was fun. I want to see what everyone has to say.
I'll be back in a few days when I'm more chipper. :)


1 comment:

Katie and Howard said...

What??? I get tagged because my name is KATIE?? :)
Hope you keep feeling better!