Sunday, November 2, 2008

A brave beginning to what will surely be an adventure . . .

It's one a.m. and I find myself sitting at our computer with a Safeway bag on my head.
I can't remember the last time I did this.

What's this all about? I'll tell you what this is all about, with as few sleep-deprivation-induced words as possible. (sleep deprived words = words I would never use when I am rested and fully aware of my surroundings i.e. rad, fetch, dude, billfold, jiminy, yeppers, woot, etc.)
Through the miracle of an extremely thoughtful and generous husband, convenient connections to a generous soul, a willing and generous mother, and the Super 8 Provo which has generous pricing, it was established about two and a half days ago that I am going to visit my sister, Katie, at BYU! Tomorrow! Ah!
I am so excited. JC is amazing for sending me off during an especially stressful time for him, my mom is amazing for helping out with the kids while JC is at work, a lady I don't even know is amazing for setting me up with a buddy pass and Katie is amazing for agreeing to let me come interrupt her daily life with my presence. It shall be a grand old time.
Oh, and I decided that I wanted to get my hair done before I left since I am a recovering hair-color addict and having a relapse. My fantasticly talented friend, Katie (not to be confused with my sister, Katie. There are a lot of you.) always steps up to the plate to tackle my latest whim via my hair but alas...timing could not quite be made right, as I am finding happens in the adult world...and though Katie (friend Katie) is going to cringe upon reading this, I am coloring my own hair. At one a.m. (My sister, Katie would actually be quite pleased with me since she has long since been her own hair dresser...considering I dropped out of beauty school halfway through and then she moved away)
So, anyway, foils in, bag on head, sitting, waiting. Blogging.
I have so much to tell about and lots of pictures to share! This last week felt very autumn-ish, from Tuesday at a pumpkin patch to a Friday night carnival. So, when I return, lots of fun to be had in reliving the previous weeks! And, of course, all the fun I have yet to, but most definitely will, have in the next couple of days.
As for now, I'm off to do my own little lonely reveal. I'm sure I will look fabulous.
But, just to be safe, Katie, you may want to put me in the books for next weekend... :)
Oh, glorious Utah, I return to thee!!!!
Hmm. Add "thee" to sleep-deprived word list noted above.

4 comments:

Linds said...

hah! Mandy, when you said "safeway bag on your head" i was thinking like a brown paper bag, and that was really sad to me because you're so pretty! I thought, what could she be trying to hide? and then i realized that you were typing and i thought, "did she cut eye holes out?" and then i realized it was because you were dying your hair and realized that you must be talking about a plastic bag. oh, wow! well have fun with the Katie!

Lindsey and Brett said...

late night hair adventures with a safeway bag on your head... sounds like the majority of my high school memories of myself

-Brett

Nelson Family said...

So I am a little slow on blog reading lately. I want to hear how your trip to Utah was. And forgive any gross spelling errors, I am learning to type with one hand again. At least she lets me do that, right?

Carrie said...

where have i been? or are the dates on your posts wrong? if they're right, i haven't read your blog in a month!! so cool you got to go see your sister. and you're really brave about your hair. of course, i've always been anti-hair coloring...meaning, i don't do my hair because i'm a chicken. and you sound like me when i'm tired. or maybe just when i blog. because in both of those situations, i get silly.