Sunday, September 21, 2008

I am . . . Ben

In honor of his recent birthday, Ben is the next member of our family to be spotlighted!



I am . . . the baby


I think . . . I am not the baby


I know . . . how to get under my big brother's skin


I want . . . my food to resemble grown up food. If everyone else has a sandwich, I will not settle for a sandwich cut into bite-sized pieces. I will take large triangles just like everyone else, thank you.


I have . . . the cutest smile


I wish . . . I could walk down stairs


I hate . . . being woken up in the middle of the night by a crying sibling. It scares me.


I miss . . . my bottle.


I fear . . . the penguin toy my parents got me for my birthday.


I feel . . . the need to play in the toilet.


I love . . . my family. And toys with buttons.


I hear . . . ocean noises while I sleep.


I smell . . . sometimes.


I search . . . under the couch for lost toys.


I wonder . . . why I can't just be naked all the time.


I regret . . . sitting on the cat.


I care . . . about my siblings being happy. I always stare sadly at them when they cry.


I always . . . come to my mommy when she calls me. Anytime, anywhere.


I am not . . . a grumpy baby. I have a very happy disposition.


I believe . . . that I can do anything my brother and sister can.


I dance . . . by bouncing up and down slightly whenever I hear music that I like...OR when my mom claps her hands and sings nonsensical tunes.


I sing . . . by screeching.


I don't always . . . like when Mom tries to wash dishes during Sesame Street. I think she should stay with us.


I write . . . not at all. I have a few steps to go before that. I eat crayons.


I win . . . over everyone I meet.


I lose . . . wrestling matches with James.


I never . . . fail to give my biggest smiles to Daddy when he comes home from work.


I listen . . . to Daddy play his drum and get very excited.


I can usually be found . . . toddling about the playroom.


I read . . . or at least pretend to . . . every book on the book shelf at least once a day. Pull them all down, flip through them one by one, toss them aside. If Mommy puts them back on the shelf, I start it all over again.


I am happy about . . . having so many people who love me! My parents think I'm brilliant and wonderful, my siblings love to make me laugh and cheer me up when I'm sad, my grandparents are so proud of me, aunts, uncles and cousins love to be near me and even strangers tell me how gorgeous I am! Oh, and the cat doesn't run from me anymore. This is the life!

2 comments:

Alice said...

So cute! I can't believe a whole year has passed. Seems like we don't even know Ben. Very cute boy!

Zonnie said...

That is such a cute picture of Ben! Sound's like he is a pretty cool guy to know! I like the "spotlight posts!"